The Administration Commission, in close cooperation with the Senior Pastor, is charged with acting as a liaison between all staff, clergy and the Congregation and overseeing and coordinating all administrative functions for all staff. Included is budget review, recommendations for salary and compensation package adjustments, contract review, and coordination of vacation / time off. Additionally, Administration makes recommendation for the purchase and necessary maintenance of all office equipment, including the Church's computer system, copiers as well as the purchase of office supplies, postage, and copier supplies used for all church needs. To accomplish these myriad of responsibilities, Administration members work within three Committees: Personnel, Pastor Parish and Information / Technology.
Nine members of the congregation are elected to this Commission with staggered three year terms. Our Current 2015 members are Susan Loft and Ruth Kane (co-chairs), Chuck Gunderson (vice chair), Carolyn Monje (secretary), Don Pierson, Dottie Oliver, Bob Lundal, Bob Wheaton, and Hugh Coble . The Moderator or Vice Moderator, Senior Pastor, Assistant Pastor, Chair of the Finance Commission, Administrative Assistant, are ex-officio members.
An Operating Budget is prepared and submitted to the Finance Commission for the upcoming year. Monthly Year to Date budgets are reviewed for any over / under budgeted planned spending.
The main budget items for Administration are:
- Salary and employer expenses for all staff and clergy includes Salary, FICA, Workers Comp, pension or 401 contribution (if eligible)
- Housing allowance, health insurance, Medicare reimbursement, mileage (pastors only)
- Supplies: paper, ink cartridges, pens, pencils, binders, envelopes & letterhead stationery, discs ( used by all commissions, committees and church)
- Stamps & Postage costs (used for all church needs.)
- Computer costs & Auxiliary equipment (purchase, replacements, upgrades, and service for hardware and software)
- Copier Expenses-rental cost for equipment and copies (used for all church needs)
- Payroll expenses (envelopes, auto pay costs)
- SWC Delegates Expense
Our front office in particular supports the entire church and each commission with copying, printing, mailing, coordinating meetings, preparing the weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, calendar of events, website maintenance, weekly programs and just a myriad of tasks. The cost of this support both in womanpower and supplies comes out of the Administration Budget.